|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department / Office:||Dept - Marketing|
|Description:||The Product Manager will lead and manage the company brand building profitability and growth through product line expansion, expanded distribution, improved promotion planning, and a superior understanding of the consumer and the market. |
To provide strategic and tactical marketing direction to Brand via the following activities:
• Implements brand plans, marketing decisions, and projects for assigned product lines.
• Recommend and develop the programs to deliver the annual sales and profit goals.
• Responsible for profit and sales growth of assigned product lines.
• Responsible for analyzing and quickly reacting to current market conditions and competitors by introducing new products, line extensions, product improvements, packaging changes, price changes, and promotional activities.
• Analyze sales, special programs, new products and market trends to forecast future needs. Adjust marketing plans to insure profitability consistent with annual plans.
• Works closely with Trade Marketing and Sales to secure program implementation at retail.
• Demonstrate knowledge of retail and professional environment and key trade issues (mass and specialty).
• Set promotional strategies in conjunction with Consumer Awareness, Trade Marketing and the Sales Teams. Monitor implementation of promotional activity.
• Track spending versus approved budgets.
• Ensures that product launches are executed flawlessly (on time and on budget) by following the appropriate planning process.
• Motivate cooperation and excellence from personnel both within and outside the Marketing department.
• Ensures products receive R&D support for claims, formulations, and labeling.
• Participates as a project lead in the New Product Development process for products introduced in assigned categories.
• Recommends revisions to the Operating Plan and production forecasts as market and manufacturing conditions require.
• Occasional travel for trade shows, customer and vendor visits, and sales meetings required.
• Bachelor degree in Marketing or related field, MBA preferred.
• Minimum of 3 - 5 years CPG Brand Manager experience.
• Mass retail market experience a must.
• Reports directly to the Director of Marketing
Job Knowledge/Skills Required:
• Experience with the creative development process and program execution.
• Experience with sales and marketing budgets, P&L’s, forecasts, etc.
• Highly organized and very strong, proven project management skills.
• Able to work effectively across functions.
• Enjoys a high-energy, high expectations, results-oriented environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be a self-starter and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
• Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
• Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
• Ability to handle a variety of tasks and situations in a calm and effective manner.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong customer orientation.
• Problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional level.
• Strong team player.
• Commitment to company values.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.